Health & Safety policy
At Jennings Containers & Storage, the Safety of our customers and staff is our highest priority. Our staff receive regular safety training and are also proficient in First Aid, most importantly we encourage safe practice, ensuring that correct procedures are followed at all times.
The Company will provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment with the objective of minimising occupational accidents and illnesses. We pay particular attention to:
- Maintaining the workplace in a safe condition and providing adequate facilities and arrangements for welfare at work.
- Providing a safe means of access to, and egress from, the workplace.
- Ensuring the equipment and systems we provide are safe and maintained as required.
- Committing to safety to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- Providing information, instructions, training and supervision as necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of our employees and other persons.
We are aware that things can very rarely go wrong, so we make sure we’re prepared for every eventuality. Our haulage partners have full liability and goods in transit insurance for everyone’s peace of mind, but we also do everything possible to make sure we don’t need to use it.
Our haulage partners are approved under the SafeContractor SSIP scheme.
This means our clients and prospective clients can be sure that our business has a high standard of health and safety.
FORS Bronze – we have a haulage partner who has been accredited with the FORS Bronze. They will looking to upgrade to Silver in the near future.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
We recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of customers, employees, regulators, suppliers, the local community and the environment and that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
We are open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our ongoing commitment to sustainable development and take seriously any feedback we receive.